Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thing 1 - Discover has never been so much fun


Are you ready to be heard?



Hear me at WildVoice.com



Welcome to the Virginia Beach Public Library's Learning 2.0 program and blog. Chances are if you've found your way here, you're either:



  • a member of the VBPL's staff who's participating in the Learning 2.0 challenge,

  • interested in learning about and playing around with some new Web 2.0 tools that will help you expand your information literacy toolbox, or

  • are just interested in earning a cool USB MP3 player

Either way, we're glad you're here!


Learning 2.0 is an online learning program that encourages VBPL staff to learn more about emerging technologies on the Web that are changing the way people, society and Librarians access information and communicate with each other.

Over the course of the twelve weeks, this blog will highlight “30 things” - discovery exercises to help you become familiar with blogging, RSS feeds, tagging, wikis, podcasting, online applications, social networking, and video and image hosting sites.


To familiarize yourself with this project, be sure to read the More About this program page. In addition, there is a FAQ page, too. This page should answer most of your questions about this program. If not, then please add your question to the page as a comment. We'll comment back with an answer.


So fasten your seat belts, grab your mouse and get ready for a discovery adventure. And remember, it's OK to play in the library and have fun!


Be sure to tune in on Monday, November 5th for the next set of "things" or discovery items ... or better yet, subscribe to this blog's RSS feed. By doing so, you'll receive instructions for the next "thing" directly in your RSS reader.

13 comments:

Matthew R said...

I'm glad the "30 thing" challenge has finally begun!

wayne said...

with a bit of trouble, i made it this far.
wayne

William said...

I know some about computers and I had diffulty, can you imagine those who don't know about this stuff

Diane said...

I can't wait to find out about all the cool things we are going to learn!

Katie L said...

This is like a refresher course on all of the new technology I just finished learning about in grad. school...and I can really use the refresher course!

Caroline said...

I'm looking forward to learning all "30 Things" about Web 2.0!!

Fables said...

I had some trouble getting to this posting point.
techpo

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I look forward to learning all that I can about Web 2.0.

Josie Bergstrom said...

One down, twenty-nine to go...I can't wait to learn to podcast.

Linda said...

Fun so far! As a very strong RED this will be an excellent step-by-step program to learn about lots of new technologies! Thank you!!

KVninetofiver said...

I'm not sure how I got here, but I did - and hope to be back and continue on!

misskit said...

So far not so blooming good!